The Project Enhancement Network and Incubator is a yearly program with support from Florida State University Libraries. Participants receive a website through CreateFSU and are given hands-on support from library staff to develop and publish their research projects. Participants are also awarded $1,000 in monetary support for their research, in the form of funding for travel, training, or materials. For more information on funding requirements, see the Memorandum of Understanding.
What participants receive
- A custom domain and 1GB of space to build a website with CreateFSU
- Access to training materials and dedicated support from librarians specializing in digital technologies
- Community with a cohort of fellow researchers, scholars, and artists interested in creating works in a digital and open access environment
- $1,000 dollars in funding for travel, training, and materials
Participants in PEN & Inc will be expected to:
- Participate in semi-monthly meetings (consisting of a mix of one-on-one and group meetings) to discuss your project. These could include consultations with a librarian, working group sessions with fellow participants, or trainings and workshops related to your project
- Draft at least one short process blog post on your project for the PEN & Inc Blog.
- Create a prototype of your website (the website does not need to be in its final, polished form)
- Present on and celebrate your accomplishments at a Spring Showcase event
More information about the program benefits and requirements can be found in our Memorandum of Understanding.